- This salon has passed.
AI, Art and Imagination – A Dive into Creative Tech with Dhruv Ghulati
December 14, 2021 at 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm GMT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
How do creativity and ideation work in a moment of absolute technology? What does your brain do when it dreams things into existence, and can machines ever replicate that? Join a discussion on AI art, NFTs and the Metaverse!
My name is Dhruv Ghulati, and I am a product manager within the world of machine learning and AI. I previously worked on a startup that built AI to detect fake news and misinformation. In the words of Arthur C. Clarke, we are getting closer to technology which is “indistinguishable from magic”. Artificial intelligence, creative coding, and immersive digital worlds are changing how we think about creativity, imagination, wonder and more. We have always believed software was built to follow pre-specified rules, following imperative declarations in code. Machines were there to achieve administrative, menial tasks, there to make our lives more convenient and solve problems.
In this Salon, we will explore:
- The philosophy around creativity and ideation
- The neuroscience around our brains forming new concepts and ideas
- What it means for technology to “dream” or “ideate”
- The different strata of “creative” technology
- How AI is starting to create and invent
- How AI can be used to make us feel wonder, emotion and more
- How AI can be used to create new forms of visual art, music, and more
- How the metaverse could unlock a new renaissance
We will cover the Metaverse, synthetic media generation, the meteoric rise of digital art and NFTs, advanced gaming technologies, the learnings of psychedelic medicines and how our brains create new things, generative adversarial networks in AI, technologies like Unity, Unreal Engine, Touchdesigner, Processing, RunwayML and more.
Some useful reading:
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!