- This salon has passed.
How to Be Yourself? – Caroline Calloway, Tara Isabella Burton, and Katherine Dee on Online Self-Creation – SuperSalon
Monday August 28 at 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Join Scammer author and scandal heroine Caroline Calloway for a salon on self-creation, “scamming,” and the celebration of life as art with novelist and culture critic Tara Isabella Burton, author of Self-Made: Curating Our Identities from Da Vinci to the Kardashians, and internet subculture chronicler Katherine Dee, aka “Default Friend.”
In a conversation that blends the personal and the philosophical, Caroline, Tara, and Kat will explore how the Internet Age has transformed our sense of “authenticity,” reinvented what it means to be a celebrity, and transformed ordinary people into curators of their own life as content.
Read as prep:
- ‘Scammer‘ by Caroline Calloway
- ‘Self-Made’ by Tara Isabella Burton
- ‘I Was Caroline Calloway’ by Natalie Beach
- ‘The “Scammer” and the Scammed’ by Tyler Foggatt
- ‘The Self-Creation Myth’ by Rachel Cunliffe
- ‘In the Future, Everyone Will Be Seen Exactly as They Want to Be for 15 Minutes‘ by Katherine Dee
- ‘In Defence Of Caroline Calloway’ by Kitty Grady
This event will be online and recorded.