- This salon has passed.
Improvisation, Spontaneity, and Oneness
November 28, 2021 at 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Rosano and Vivek invite you to a salon on creation and consumption becoming one.
What can various traditions of non-duality teach us about being spontaneous? What makes someone a good improviser? What makes for a good experience on improvisation? How much do improvisers plan? Is it something that is “manufactured” or simply “channeled?” Can improvisation be a portal into an experience of shared consciousness?
Let’s talk about improvisation in comedy and music, and how to encourage more spontaneity in life.
Rosano plays improvised music on guitar: https://rosano.hmm.garden/01fawxskgm53cqvk1afw6hgmay
Vivek sings Carnatic music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a–B8UlkBQ&t=31s
- Miles Davis on “wrong notes and lines”
- Speaking of Music interview with Keith Jarrett
- Brian Katz: Juggling Musically
- Casey Sokol: Musical Improvisation
- Harry Mack: Improvised freestyle for a man’s late fiancé
- Venkatesh Rao’s summary of the book Impro by Keith Johnstone
- T.M. Krishna on spontaneity in Carnatic music and how creativity must surprise us
Image by Alex Alvarez.
If you have any difficulty participating due to financial reasons, send us a message and we’ll buy your ticket.
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!