Sex and Meaning: Ethical Theories and Their Implications
February 4, 2024 at 5:00 pm GMT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Join Cambridge scholar in residence, philosopher Christophe Porot, and Newcastle University philosophy student Arkadiusz Synowczyk, for a salon on the main theories of ethics and their implications, especially for one’s sex life.
Ethics should be a matter of practical matters. In this salon, therefore, we will not only introduce the main ethical theories that are there, but also what they imply for our lives, including sex lives. Specifically, we will examine and discuss:
- Deontology, by reference to ethics of Immanuel Kant
- Utilitarianism and Consequentialism, by reference to effective altruist, Peter Singer
- Virtue ethics, by reference to Aristotle
- Section 5 of an entry on Immanuel Kant
- Entry on Utilitarianism and Consequentialism
- Entry on Virtue Ethics
This is a part of the series, “Meaningful Live: Deep Dive Into Ethics, Values, and Virtues”
All episodes take place at 5 pm London time.