- This salon has passed.
The Age of Community: Building, Growing and Changing the World
September 14, 2021 at 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm BST
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Welcome to the first salon of a mini-series on all things community hosted by Lucia Asanache – she will explore, with support from wonderful guests, the power and potential of communities for improving our society.
Inspired by her work building global communities around tech policy at the Tony Blair Institute, Lucia is keen to share but also to facilitate learning for those in similar positions, navigating complex stakeholder environments, passion points and hot debates as we try to bring people together on topics that matter to all.
Lucia is delighted to be joined by Arfah Farooq, Community Lead for Artificial Intelligence Labs and Co-Founder of Muslamic Makers to weigh in on why the future is community, drawing on her incredible work and initiatives.
Suggested points for pondering and discussing altogether:
- Are communities mission-driven by default?
- What makes an active, progressive community?
- Are communities more or less able to solve problems than traditional leadership models?
- What can and should we try to solve?
Look forward to this salon series and meeting the ii community!
The next episodes promise to be just as exciting – make sure to check them out!
- The Age of Community: Community Careers (28 Sept)
- The Age of Community: Influencing (12 Oct)
- The Age of Community: Governance (26 Oct)
Inspiration & reading (will keep adding and love to hear others too):
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!