- This salon has passed.
The Culture and History of Psychedelics
July 17, 2021 at 11:00 am - 2:00 pm PDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
In part one of this mini-series, Alex Criddle will guide you through the ages of psychedelic usage from ancient to modern times. We’ll also look at the psychedelic culture of the 60s and 70s — the good and the bad, exploring the cultural ramifications of this period of psychedelic usage.
We’ll examine the reasons for their subsequent outlaw and the cultural shift that has brought them back into the public mind and what that means for us.
In this Salon we will explore topics such as: What exactly are psychedelics? We will look at the usage of psychedelic substances in ancient cultures. We’ll tour the rise of the psychedelic culture in the 60s and the subsequent prohibition of their usage in the United States. What brought them back into the public’s eye today? Will they be sticking around? How should we think about the role psychedelics play in culture?
Bring your theories and ideas as we travel through psychedelic history together!
- The History of Psychedelics
- How to Change Your Mind Summary
- Psychedelic Culture
- Hallucinogenic Drugs in Pre-Columbian Mesoamerican Cultures
Save the dates:
- July 17th – The Culture and History of Psychedelics
- July 24th – Psychedelic Therapy and Psychedelics as Medicine
- July 31st – The Philosophy of Psychedelics
- Aug 7th – The Mystical, Religious, and Spiritual Dimensions of Psychedelics
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!