- This salon has passed.
The Philosophy of Psychedelics
July 31, 2021 at 11:00 am - 2:00 pm PDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
In part three of this mini-series with host Alex Criddle, we will examine what, if anything, psychedelics tell us about the nature of reality, the mind, and what it means to be human.
A frequent claim by psychonauts is that everything is connected and we are all one. Another is that love is everything. These are quite the metaphysical claims. Do those who take these substances gain access to the “true” nature of reality?
Do psychedelics provide veridical (truth-tracking) experiences? What is the nature of these experiences? Do they provide epistemic knowledge or simply reveal things the user already knows unconsciously? What about the experience itself provides existential relief for people, and does the sense of love or connection provide the key?
Another popular association with psychedelics is the concept of ego-dissolution or ego-death. What implications do psychedelics have on the concept of the self? What does it tell us about the consciousness?
Put on your philosopher’s cap and join us on our quest for the true nature of reality!
- Do Psychedelics Have a Place in Philosophy?
- What Psychedelics Reveal About the Nature of Consciousness
- Do Psychedelics Just Provide Comforting Delusions
- The Nature of Healing in the Psychedelic Experience
- The DMT ‘Elves’ People Meet While Tripping
- Psychedelics Alter Metaphysical Beliefs
Save the dates:
- July 17th – The Culture and History of Psychedelics
- July 24th – Psychedelic Therapy and Psychedelics as Medicine
- July 31st – The Philosophy of Psychedelics
- Aug 7th – The Mystical, Religious, and Spiritual Dimensions of Psychedelics
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!