- This salon has passed.
The Philosophy of The Little Prince
July 24, 2021 at 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm IST
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
In this salon, Tanya Raj will lead a deep dive discussion and analysis on The Philosophy of The Little Prince and what this classic children’s book can teach adults.
The novella by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry is a book that transcends generations and has been loved by children and adults alike. A philosophical tale of humanist values explores the story of a grown-up meeting his inner child, embodied by a Little Prince.
Awash with the author’s hand-made illustrations, the journey is a simple tale that tells the story of a child, who travels the universe gaining wisdom. The wisdom is sometimes witty, sometimes confounding, but always poignant and deep.
In the salon, we will:
- Read excerpts from the book and reflect what they mean to us
- Play a game of our own inner child and dreams that might have been forgotten
- Discuss what philosophical aspect touches each of us and how that has helped us personally
Pre-salon activity (optional):
- Read the book (it’s really, really short – just under 100 pages) – The Little Prince book
- Watch the animated movie, which is a slight deviation from the main novella but captures the essence – The Little Prince movie