- This salon has passed.
Mapping Our Expat Journeys (Part 1)
Sunday November 12 at 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm CET
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Since 2015, Patricia Hurducas, a writer and design researcher, has lived across Europe, exploring how our surroundings influence our quality of life. With deep, firsthand knowledge of the challenges and rewards of moving abroad, she invites you to join her series. Centered on creative projects and personal accountability, this series is tailor-made for those on the move to new places!
In the second salon of the series we will track the progress that we made in the past month related to our business goals, creative goals, and community goals in our new cities. We will focus on the admin hurdles, but also on the creative ones, and plan ahead for the future. This is why we will allocate around 20 minutes of individual writing and sketching time in the middle of every salon.
This series is designed for those who:
- Are in the process of moving to a new city, country, or home, or have recently done so.
- Seek to establish a creative routine and track their progress with a small group of 5-6 people or more.
- Are interested in accountability conversations, rather than just casual discussions.
- Ideally, plan to commit to the entire 6-month series for the best experience.
- Want to document their journey and share it with the group, whether through writing, vlogging, or sketching.
- A House of One’s Own: On Deborah Levy’s “Real Estate”
- Finding the Friends and the City That Bring Out the Best In You
- I’m Moving into My Own Place, and I’m Sad about It
Important: this episode will start at 10 PM CET, not 6 PM CET like the others.