- This salon has passed.
Cents and the City – A Dead Economists Salon on Urban NIMBYism, Progressivism (and, yes, Promiscuity)
February 16, 2022 at 8:00 pm CET
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
“As a remedy to life in society, I would suggest the big city. Nowadays it is the only desert within our reach.”
~ Albert Camus.
In this salon, we will discuss the opportunity – and the opportunity costs – of living and working in cities, both in the past, and in the post-covid future.
- The benefits of living in a city (“agglomeration economies”)
- The costs of living in a city
- Covid, remote work, reverse migration, and the “Matthew Effect”
- The future of cities and city states
- Nimbyism vs yimbyism – growth, degrowth, and Ha-Ha communities
- Cities as labour and marriage markets
And whatever else comes up in conversation.
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!