- This salon has passed.
Down the Rabbit Hole: The Infinite Curiosity Atlas (II)
March 20, 2021 at 8:00 pm EDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Fellow InterIntellect Helena Ng invites you to take a Play Day and join forces with some friendly curiosity buddies for a communal nerding session.
Last month at Camp Curiosity, we discussed the technique of deconstruction and applied it to ideal emotional states across cultures, which led to the emotional dissonance of tech, then a citizen scientist offered their take on advances in neurology (get ready to have your reality shattered!), and finally a play on anger management and how to be a good enemy.
After official salon hours, we took the study of metaphors and turned it into an impromptu tea party where we developed metaphors for common emotions and dove deeper into each other’s internal worlds. Who knows what we’ll play with in the next session?
Join us for an evening full of playful communal nerding, where we’ll explore our pet theories and help others create more interdisciplinary connections. Together, we’ll apply our curiosities in rabbit holes where we never thought we’d traverse.
About The Series:
Falling down the rabbit hole may have a bad rep for a slow descent into madness and countless tabs left open in the early hours of the morning, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Don’t go at it alone! We are here to keep each other’s journeys safe, light, and playful.
Introducing Camp Curiosity – a new digital “tribe” to help you find buddies with common interests, nurture your imaginative playground, and get your hands dirty in the communal digital garden patch.
Together, we will seek for the common thread in our individual trails, use the power of our collective imagination to connect the dots, and keep each other company by the fireside. We will strive to build a collaborative garden patch, and as the seasons go by, watch our collective efforts bear fruit.
Join host Helena as we develop an interconnected atlas of curiosities with a bunch of hungry, curious individuals. In this series of workshops, we will:
- Develop a monthly curiosity whiteboard — we’ll share our curiosities, discuss, and make impromptu connections
- Pair up with curiosity buddies after the salon to go further down the rabbit hole (workshop tools are provided when you sign up)
- Co-working, co-learning, co-playing at your own pace
- Aim to develop a digital garden ‘harvest festival’ at the end of the year to celebrate our serendipitous discoveries
- Camp Curiosity Series FAQ
- Salon notes from Workshop Pilot — Twitter thread
- Salon notes from Mapping the Trail — Twitter thread
- Salon notes from Curiosity Trails — Digital Garden notes
- How to Start Collaboration with Miro — we’ll be using this tool throughout the event, no signup required.
- A Short History of Bi-Directional Links by Maggie Appleton, a Camp Curiosity attendee.
- 8 pm in Kuala Lumpur
- 11 pm in Sydney
- 1 pm in Berlin
- 12 pm in London
- 7 am in New York
Why not add the ii Calendar to your calendar?
This is a Workshop Salon which requires hands-on collaboration for the duration of the event. Please familiarize yourself with the use of the online whiteboarding tool, Miro.
You will be sent a Zoom link in your event ticket email.
Find our online code of conduct here.
We have many more cool Interintellect events coming up – see here.