- This salon has passed.
Once Upon a Time: Narrate Your Story! – Part 2
May 18, 2021 at 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm BST
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Interintellect Anwar AlKandari will continue to explore self-narratives – keeping track of where we’re heading to, looking for different ways to narrate our stories, and maintaining authenticity.
“We are all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn’t a stronger connection between people than storytelling.” –Jimmy Smith
Recently in part 1, we have focused on building themes (or desired themes) of the current chapter we’re in, and the different elements contributing to it. Building this awareness on the current chapter’s theme, mission, and how we’re doing it is a good kick-off to start the journey of expressing ourselves in different ways.
With excitement, we’re now moving towards sharing our narratives with the public and finding possible different ways to do that. However, there are few things we need to take into consideration while building our stories such as: maintaining authenticity regardless of the overwhelming changes happening around us (and within us), and keeping track of where we’re heading to. Whether you’re a small business owner, writer, artist, scientist, public speaker, or even a stamp collector, you need to tell a story and find good ways to express it.
Some of the questions we’ll be exploring together in this salon:
- What are the different ways to express our narratives to others? (Especially with digital storytelling)
- What rituals can we practice to keep track of where we’re heading to in our story?
- How to maintain authenticity in our stories?
- How can we make the most out of the current chapter we’re in?
Note: this salon is not exclusive for attendees of part 1 only, everyone is most welcome to this never-ending exploration of self-narratives. Grab your beverage and let’s start storytelling!
Good to read / watch pre-salon:
- A Brief History of Storytelling
- The Importance of Storytelling and Story Creation
- Finding Drama Therapy and Bringing it Home | Fatma Al-Qadfan | TEDxAUK
- Nietzsche — How to Live An Authentic Life
- Tired of Small Talk? Start Story Collecting
Tuesday 18th May
- 10:00 AM in Los Angeles/San Francisco
- 1:00 PM in New York
- 6:00 PM in London
- 7:00 PM in Berlin/Paris
- 8:00 PM in Kuwait
Why not add the ii Calendar to your calendar?
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!