- This salon has passed.
Studio Ghibli’s Cultural Impact – Part 1
May 22, 2021 at 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm IST
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
In this new 4-part InterIntellect salon miniseries, Tanya Raj will lead deep-dive discussions on Studio Ghibli movies and how it has brought together people across generations.
Watch the movies on Netflix and come nerd out all you like. Nerding is good, nerding is encouraged!
Originating from a tiny strip of land known as the Land of Rising Sun – Japan – Studio Ghibli has captured the imagination of generations, like no other media house has been able to do.
What is it that makes these movies so endearing and immersive? How has it made such a deep connection with cultures across the world? Why does it evoke such charm that entices millions, every single time? Is it awe, wonder, playfulness, or a mix of it all?
Come join me on this journey as we talk and have fun with the masterpieces that have graced us in this lifetime!
Save the dates:
This miniseries will run every fourth Saturday of the month –
May 22nd, June 26th, July 24th, August 28th.
- Well, we don’t need to spell it out now, do we? Watch the movies 😊
- We will drive our discussions around the following movies: Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbour Totoro, Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, Tales from Earthsea, When Marnie was There
- The beauty of Studio Ghibli
- What makes Studio Ghibli so magically immersive?
- Studio Ghibli: Everything You Need To Know About Legendary Japanese Animation House
6:30am in New York
11:30am in London
12:30pm in Berlin / Paris
4pm in Mumbai
8:30pm in Sydney
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!