- This salon has passed.
Salons from a Hat
July 11, 2021 at 11:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
In this salon Maybe Gray invites you to explore a series of mystery topics for which she has not prepared to talk about at all.
This brand new approach to improvisation at the interintellect is inspired by the Whose Line is it Anyway? improv game “Scenes from a Hat“. In this game, a series of offers are presented at random from a hat and the actors follow their inspiration to dramatize each on the spot. In this reimagination of Scenes from a Hat, salon topics will be chosen at random from guests’ suggestions (submitted via email) and inspiration, spontaneity, curiosity and unknowingness will guide each conversation. As a group, we will feel our way through unexpected beginnings, plot thickenings and twistings, and surprising conclusions as we explore one another’s unforeseen offers.
In departing from the ordinary structure, Salons from a Hat will present opportunities to…
- discover unexpected arenas of both diversity and common ground,
- savour the humour and humility inherent to structured spontaneity,
- expose your own interests and introduce them to fellow interintellects – and expose yourself to the interests of others and inspire new curiosities of your own,
- brave the possibility you won’t blend in and win the likely reward of unlikely new friendships,
- challenge the host, fellow guests, and yourself to engage earnestly in conversation without the benefits – and detriments! – of the filter of forethought, etc.
Read for this salon…
- anything you like!
- Feel free, if you would like, to include reading recommendations with your submission of your suggestion – they will be shared in the chat when your offer presents itself from the “hat”.
Place your salon topic in the “hat” at SalonsFromAHat@gmail.com
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!