- This salon has passed.
A conversation about work and identity
Tuesday April 18 at 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
How much of our lives should we give to our work? Join author Simone Stolzoff for a conversation about how work has become so central to Americans’ identities and what we can do to separate our self-worth from our output.
In this salon, author Simone Stolzoff will lead us in a conversation about work and identity. We’ll be exploring some themes from his forthcoming book, The Good Enough Job, which will be published by Penguin Random House in May.
Some questions we’ll be exploring:
- How did work come to be so central to so many workers’ identities and sources of meaning?
- How does American work culture perpetuate equating self-worth with net worth?
- Do other countries model a better relationship to work? What are the tradeoffs?
- What should our relationship to our work be?
- How can we diversify the sources of identity and meaning in our lives?
Simone on The Happiness Lab with Dr. Laurie Santos.
Simone’s article How to Balance Meaning and Money
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month (FAQ), access our forums, members-only events, and more!