- This salon has passed.
A Conversation On Synchronicity – The Search for Meaning in Coincidence
April 30, 2021 at 9:00 pm CEST
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Interintellect Patricia Hurducas will lead a discussion on synchronicity from the Book of Changes to Carl Jung and to our own encounters with these “meaningful coincidences”.
Synchronicity is an ever-present reality for those who have eyes to see.” – Carl Jung
Jung defined synchronicity as an “acausal connecting (togetherness) principle,” “meaningful coincidence”, “acausal parallelism” or “meaningful coincidence of two or more events where something other than the probability of chance is involved.” He believed that many occurrences labeled as “coincidences,” are not actually due to chance. Instead, he believed that these occurrences are directly related to the observer’s mind, and serve to provide powerful insight, direction and guidance.
Synchronicity can be recognized in dreams, symbols, numbers, “random” events, conversations, spontaneous encounters. At this salon we will talk about awareness, symbols, dreams, myths, The Book of Changes, and we will share our stories of synchronicity.
- How has synchronicity impacted our life so far?
- How can one accurately attribute meaning to the signs?
- How does one recognize that synchronicity has occurred?
- How can we improve our awareness?
Great to read or to watch pre-salon:
- Foreword to the I Ching by by Carl Gustav Jung
- The I Ching or Book of Changes
- Wolfgang Pauli, Carl Jung, and the Acausal Connecting Principle: A Case Study in Transdisciplinarity
- Carl Gustav Jung, Quantum Physics and the Spiritual Mind: A Mystical Vision of the Twenty-First Century
8:00 PM in London
9:00 PM in Berlin
3:00 PM in New York
12:00 PM in San Francisco
Why not add the ii Calendar to your calendar?
Apply for a student discount at email@example.com.
Like our Salons? Become a member, access our forums, get a discount!