- This salon has passed.
Artificial Intelligence and Music: Sounds of the Future and Beyond
Saturday October 21 at 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm EDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Much has been discussed about the intersection of AI and art, but what about AI and music? Rachel Haywire and Zsolt Török will explore the intersection of AI and music in this premier salon, welcoming everyone to stop by and converse about the future of music and how AI will impact our creative growth as a species.
As more and more new AI-powered tools are being developed to assist musicians in every part of their workflow from composition through sound design to mixing and mastering, pioneer artists like Holly Herndon and Grimes are leading the charge for a new type of creativity in which musicians can use their voices as AI instruments in their own songs.
Rachel Haywire and and Zsolt Török will discuss their careers in the music industry while conversing about the ways in which AI and music have impacted the culture in the past and the present, drawing comparisons with past technological innovations like sampling, and going over a wide range of possibilities for AI and music in the future. Feel free to come by with links to your own AI music projects, or simply to share your ideas about what you think will happen when AI and music collide.
- The 100 Most Influential People in AI 2023
- The History of AI In Music: From Kraftwerk to Skrillex
- Holly Herndon’s Personal Website
- Grimes Helps Artists Distribute Songs Using Her AI Voice—If They Split Royalties. Here’s How It Works
- 15 Best AI Tools for Music Production In 2023
- From Synthesiser to AI: A Brief History of Music’s Love-Hate Eelationship with Technology