- This salon has passed.
Express Yourself Through Software: Work With Your Tools, Not Against Them
June 5, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
In this Salon, behavioral product strategist Rob Haisfield and real life monastic Matt Goldenberg will guide a discussion how we can learn and use software in a way that allows both deep expertise, as well as happiness and fulfilment.
Software is rapidly encroaching into every aspect of our lives. It can be frustrating to use it in a way that makes us happy, and we can often feel like we’re fighting our software instead of collaborating. What if you didn’t need to wait for your computer to do what you wanted… it just did it as soon as you thought about it?
About Rob (specializes in designing continuous onboarding experiences for learning a software tool over time): https://robhaisfield.com/about
About Matt (power user of basically every productivity software he uses): https://www.procrastinationplaybook.net/coaching
- Interfacing at the Speed of Thought – Malcolm Ocean
- Easy to learn, hard to use
- “Better note-taking” misses the point; what matters is “better thinking”
- Badass: Making Users Awesome by Kathy Sierra at Mind the Product San Francisco
- New users do not yet have the vocabulary to understand the app
- The most successful app adoptions come from a project
- Great Design = Getting Users to Do What You Want – Seth Godin
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!