- This salon has passed.
Individual Differences of Connecting Online
December 11, 2021 at 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm GMT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Can you vividly describe your own way of connecting with others online? How about a way different from your own? If you are intrigued by these questions, then this salon is for you. It is an invite to dig into the difficulties and excitements we experienced when connecting online.
I am Riccardo and for a long time I have been wanting to hold a space to go deeper into each of our unique experiences of socialising and bonding online. This salon is that space, a close-knit opportunity to deep dive into the phenomenology of being together online.
The plan is to get together a small group of internet adventurers both willing to share and describe the nuances of their online interactions and curious to learn about different ways and perspectives of connecting on the internet. As if collaboratively drafting an ethnographic study of the experience of bonding online, we will dedicate ample time to the experience of each salon participant, tapping into their best and worst memories. The themes and patterns that emerge will be the gifts that we will take home from our time together.
🍲🧠 Food for thoughts
- What’s a particularly positive memory of an online interaction you had? What did you like about it?
- What’s a particularly negative memory of an online interaction you had? What did you struggle with?
Visakan Veerasamy collection of threads on make friends – peopling and socializing and social media / interneting
- different people have different models of reality
- how do you win the love and trust of others?
- the shadow world of social reality
- modern civilization seems defined by loneliness, kids want to be youtubers & instagram hotties to stave off loneliness
- the blending and smashing of contexts on social media
Riccardo‘s tweets on the topic
- imagining someone’s else online experience is really hard
- seems that understanding other people analytically is hopeless
- on playfully creating digital identities (by @whereamiwhat)
- imagining a 5-stars social media experience
P.S. This salon builds towards a collective exercise salon on “Imagining the 5 stars social media experience” that I am planning to host thereafter. Stay tuned.
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!
- December 11, 2021
8:00 pm - 10:30 pm GMT
- $20.00 – $25.00
- Salon Category:
- Salon Tags:
- family and relationships, internet, psychology, social media
- Riccardo Volpato
- View Host Website
*MEMBERS-ONLY* What Does Money Have To Do With Work? | Explore Your Relationship to MoneySunday April 2 at 9:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
*FREE Public Event*| Philosophical Hope in Science and ReligionSunday April 2 at 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm CEST