- This salon has passed.
Music and Emotion Sharing Circle
July 31, 2021 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Debut host Rosano invites you to this listening salon, exploring the music we listen to and sharing how it affects us.
Post-salon update: listen to our collective playlist.
In this salon, participants are encouraged to bring music to share during the event. We will listen collectively to your music, and then discuss what it provokes in us. The objective is to encourage understanding of how music makes others feel, not really whether someone ‘likes’ it.
Be welcome to lie down, close your eyes, listen in any way that feels comfortable.
What kind of music should you bring?
Any kind, from anywhere, with or without lyrics, but preferably music that makes you feel something (the stronger you feel it the better). 3–5 minutes is an ideal duration. If you sing or play an instrument, we can hear you perform.
Here are some questions if you need help finding it:
- Is there music you keep coming back to?
- Is there music you didn’t understand until later in life?
- Is there music you play to feel a certain way?
- Is there music that takes you to a familiar place?
- Is there music that transforms you?
Who is this for?
Anyone who loves music.
- I studied music for half my life and still want more.
- I want to connect with people through music not as a profession but as a fundamental aspect of life.
- I want encourage the idea of music as a language.
- I want to connect more with the emotional aspect of music.
- I’m a music nerd.
If you have any difficulty participating due to financial reasons, send me an email and I’ll buy your ticket.
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!