- This salon has passed.
Psychedelic Therapy and Psychedelics as Medicine
July 24, 2021 at 11:00 am - 2:00 pm PDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
In part two of this mini-series, Alex Criddle will lead a discussion on the usage of psychedelics as medicine and psychedelic therapy to heal physical and mental maladies.
There are numerous clinical trials ongoing at places like Johns Hopkins, NYU, and MAPS. What are these studies finding? How are they using psychedelics as medicine? Psychedelic psychotherapy is being studied to help those with depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and PTSD. How does this therapy work and why is it so effective? Are these substances simply working on the neurological level? How does the experience factor into the efficacy of psychedelics as medicines? How does the long history of psychedelic usage in indigenous contexts elucidate the medicinal properties of the substances?
We will also look at the role psychedelics play in end-of-life care from people who have terminal illnesses and at the more recent work that has been done on microdosing psychedelic substances for health, productivity, and general wellness.
- Psychedelics and Mental Health
- Psychedelic Treatment with Psilocybin Relieves Major Depression
- The New Science of Psychedelics
Save the dates:
- July 17th – The Culture and History of Psychedelics
- July 24th – Psychedelic Therapy and Psychedelics as Medicine
- July 31st – The Philosophy of Psychedelics
- Aug 7th – The Mystical, Religious, and Spiritual Dimensions of Psychedelics
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!