- This salon has passed.
The Art of Collaboration
October 1, 2021 at 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm CDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
In this salon, debut host Tasshin Fogleman explores the highs and lows of collaboration.
Scientific research, political movements, films, Broadway musicals, and even the humble neighborhood block party all require collaboration. Good collaboration results something greater, more beautiful and more beneficial than any one person could create on their own. Bad collaboration results in headaches, bad feelings, and resentment.
How can collaboration help us achieve our goals and dreams? What makes or breaks collaborative efforts? What can we do practically to ensure the success of our collaborative projects?
In this salon, we’ll take a practical view of collaboration. Ideally, you come away with a new perspective on how to collaborate successfully, renewed motivation to take steps on projects that matter to you, and maybe even some new people to collaborate with. We’ll discuss questions like:
- What collaborative projects have you had in the past? How did they go?
- If you could accomplish anything, what would you want to accomplish?
- Who are the collaborators you currently work with? What kinds of collaborators might you need to work with to accomplish your goals?
- How do variables like skill, money, time, and energy affect collaborative endeavors?
- What strengths do you have in collaborations?
- What weaknesses do you have, that other collaborators might fulfill?
- What practical steps can you take to set up your current and future collaborations for success?
- Curated Tweets + Threads on Collaboration
- The Art of Alliances
- Forming a Publishing Cooperative: A Playbook for Increasing Content Throughput
- On The Use and Abuse of SWOT Diagrams
- Build Small Skills in the Right Order
- Writing Gives You Access To The Online Game
Bring your own history with collaboration, the highs and the lows, and a sense of what you might like to accomplish in the future through collaboration.
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month, access our forums, members-only events, and more!