- This salon has passed.
Web3 and Society: Building Consumer Tech with Sari Azout and Joey DeBruin
Saturday May 20 at 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Sari is an early-stage VC, design-thinker, and strategist who founded Startupy, a digital playground for thinkers and creators to curate, organize, and interconnect the most valuable tech, business, and culture knowledge. Joey is a neuroscientist turned product builder who founded Backdrop, a network for builders, connectors, artisans, thinkers and misfits building the next 1,000,000 community-owned projects.
Together, they co-host the Tokens, But How? podcast! In each episode, Sari and Joey chat with web3 experts to teach listeners how to design and build successful token-based products. Guests include Li Jin (Variant Fund), Jon Hillis (Cabin), Patrick Rivera (Mirror), and Gaby Goldberg (TCG).
During this salon, we’ll discuss:
- Which consumer-facing products and services currently leverage web3? What are some successes and failures? What can we learn from these?
- How might web3 impact the consumer tech industry in the next five years? What are some of web2’s shortcomings in this space, and how might web3 solve them?
- What are key considerations for designing user-friendly, trustworthy, and accessible products and services using web3?
- Can web3 be used to create new business models and revenue streams for companies?
- What are some of the biggest challenges facing greater adoption of web3 in the consumer tech space?
We think this will be an exciting and invaluable conversation for all designers, researchers, and builders in the consumer technology space.
To prepare, we suggest listening to the Tokens, But How? podcast and reading the following pieces:
- Open source and web3, simplified – by Joey DeBruin
- Sari Azout’s guide to building slow | Meridian
- Joey DeBruin Explains The Barriers To Great UX Design & The Essence Of Building A Community Of Supporters In Web3