- This salon has passed.
Why is it so Expensive?
April 17, 2022 at 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
Silicon Valley native currently in exile Max Dostart-Meers is focused on the intersection of the good life, the just society, and techno-optimistic capitalism. You can follow him on Twitter.
Part of the Saving the City series, this salon asks: Why does it cost so much to build anything nowadays?
In this salon, we will talk about cost disease in the construction of private residences and public infrastructure, which makes it increasingly difficult for human beings to change their physical world. How can we make it affordable to build beautiful things? Further, how does the difficulty of changing our physical world impact how we think?
Links for thought:
- Why does it cost so much to build things in America? (Vox)
- U.S. infrastructure construction costs pose threat to economy (FleetOwner)
- Our Infrastructure Inefficiency (National Review)
- Why American Costs Are So High (Pedestrian Observations)
- Why U.S. Infrastructure Costs So Much (Bloomberg)
📚 Become a member, get a free ticket every month (FAQ), access our forums, members-only events, and more!