- This salon has passed.
Building Capacity to Lead Change in an Exponential World
July 17, 2022 at 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm CEST
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
In an ever changing world filled with challenges from sustainability to inequality, we need more people capable of leading change in themselves, their communities, and their companies. If we can’t change ourselves, though, how can we hope to contribute to a better world?
To this end, I present a group growth methodology combining empirically-supported theories with critical discussion and community. Built on foundations of neuroscience, humanistic and positive psychology, flow science, and ACT Therapy as well as other modalities, it is focused on bringing the science behind human thriving and performance to a broader audience – allowing us to live better while unlocking the human creativity and drive needed to solve problems in an exponential world.
Come discuss your own goals and experiences with fellow optimists as we each prepare to lead change.
Questions for contemplation:
- Do you believe that success leads to happiness and mental health or the other way around? Why?
- What are some ways that you engage in experiential avoidance or escape unpleasant internal experiences that may otherwise lead you to growth? Can you think of a time when this has kept you from accomplishing goals or from living in accordance with your values?
- Can you think of ways in which better caring for specific individual needs would unlock more thriving in your life?
- Do you agree that experiential avoidance and insufficient care for our basic needs are bigger barriers to thriving than finding the theory we need to solve our problems?
- The Revolutionary Character by Erich Fromm
- What is Enlightenment?
- Escape from Freedom