- This salon has passed.
The Art of Re-energizing Through Inspiration
November 13, 2022 at 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm EST
Start time where you are: Your time zone couldn't be detected
In western society, we’ve begun collectively valuing the incorporation of self care into our routines. But how do we each make a “system” for re-energizing ourselves and finding joy and the will to be in awe of life every day?
Join host Crystal Duan as we investigate into how to find energy in our everyday — and when to know you need to make a drastic change. Bring your own experiences and questions!
We wake up, we start doing the work we need to, and then we find our bodies are burnt out, and our energy is sapped.
But often, revitalizing energy doesn’t always mean gaining more time — it means maximizing and balancing the time you do have to yourself. Not just resting, but also recharging (which does not always mean vegging on the couch). In today’s high achieving society, it can be hard to figure out what we need. In this casual salon, Crystal Duan will guide a discussion on how to differentiate between something that’s done for rest and something that’s done for excitement, and how the latter is less talked about.
Some questions we might explore:
- How do we define self care today? Is inspiration and re-energizing part of this?
- When was the last time you felt organic desire arise? What have you done to replicate it?
- What does re-energizing mean to you? Is this something found easily?
- What are some unconventional approaches to re-energizing that you’ve seen?
- How might everyday mindfulness play into this?
- Is social time always an avenue for re-energizing, or does it feel like an obligation?
- Can trial and error really bring us closer to making a change in how we do self care? How do we keep track of changes?
Join us for a discussion where we can hopefully walk away with new answers!